Blackboard Student FAQ
Blackboard is Ivy Tech’s online course management system that can be used by both distance and on-campus students.
Click here to download the Blackboard student guide
Click here to find test proctor information.
How do I know if my browser meets the requirements to use Blackboard?
Why can't I access Blackboard?
There may be multiple reasons why you cannot access Blackboard (note: Blackboard is unavailable from 3:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. every Friday due to scheduled maintenance). Here are some reasons why you may not be able to access Blackboard:
- We recommend using Firefox as a browser
- Make sure your pop-up blockers are off
- Clear your cache and history
- Make sure you are using the link: https://dl.ivytech.edu/
- You can access from the Campus Connect login page (you no longer need to be logged into Campus Connect to access Blackboard, but use the same user id and password that you use to get into CC)
- You are a new student. New students will not have a Blackboard account until the first day of your first class.
I am registered for a class but it does not appear in Blackboard.
Can I remove old classes from Blackboard?
Yes. On the My Institution tab in Blackboard, click the pencil icon at the top of the My Courses box.
Uncheck the display box next to any courses you do not wish to see anymore.
I logged in to my class and there is no information.
How do I purchase books for my online class?
Books for all online classes can be purchased at the Follett online bookstore.
My class was there before but now it's gone.
Where do I download Pronto?
Login to Blackboard, then click on the Community tab. You should then see a download link for Pronto. Click on the link, select your operating system, then download.
For assistance using Pronto, check out this user's guide.
Why do I get an "Invalid File Error" when uploading a file?
How do I send emails in Blackboard?
How do I view my grades?
Many instructors make student grades available from the course menu. Select "Tools," then click on "My Grades" from the submenu. If your grades are not available there, review the syllabus and the course menu for their location. If you cannot find them, contact your instructor.
Final grades will by accessed in Campus Connect
I got kicked out of my test now I can't access it
When this happens you must contact your instructor to have your test or quiz reset.
Are you having trouble accessing Blackboard or getting timed out?
- Make sure you are accessing Blackboard through the direct link
- Shut down all applications and restart your computer.
- Try clearing out your temporary internet files and cookies on your browser.
- If you're not already using it we would suggest using Firefox to access Blackboard
- Make sure you have the most updated version of Java. You can download it for free here
- Go through the Browser Check and make sure your plugins are updated