Cap/Gown and Announcements
All participants are required to wear a black graduation cap and gown.
It must fit and be zipped prior to the Commencement ceremony beginning.
You may purchase a cap and gown up to 5 p.m. on Friday, May 8 2015, at the New Edition Bookstore (Harshman Hall, Lower Level) on the North Campus.
- Stop in to purchase your sustainable cap and gown unit (Cost: $38.52 including tax).
- Receive information on ordering graduation announcements.
- Pick up an Ivy Tech memento to remember your journey.
- Extra tassels are available for sale. Inventory will be available through May 8.
You may purchase custom graduation announcements online at www.herffjones.com/college/graduation.
NOTE: No graduation apparel will be sold on the day of the ceremony at the Coliseum.
- Associate degrees: SOLID GREEN
- Technical certificates: SOLID WHITE
- Career development certificates: SOLID GRAY
- Phi Theta Kappa students will wear white or green tassels, which correspond to technical certificate and associate degree, respectively.
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher as of the fall semester are eligible for honor cords. They are available for purchase at the New Edition Bookstore (Harshman Hall, Lower Level) on the North Campus for approx. $11.
The New Edition Bookstore will be renting graduation regalia for those faculty members who are in need of apparel. The bookstore will need to have all rental orders turned in by Friday, March 27, in order to have items by Commencement. Rental items need to be paid for when the order is placed. Rental prices vary from $24 to $29 for the cap & gown and $20 to $28 for the hood depending on your degree. Contact the New Edition Bookstore at 260-480-4216.
Adjunct faculty are able to borrow regalia from Ivy Tech Northeast based upon a limited supply that is available through Academic Affairs. Contact Candy Schladenhauffen at 260-480-4276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.