Faculty and Participants Information
We are happy you will be joining us in participating in this year's Ivy Tech Northeast Commencement at the Memorial Coliseum.
Preparing for the Evening
- There is no rehearsal for commencement ceremonies.
- Beginning April 1, parking permits for faculty/college participants are available in Academic Affairs (CC1210).
- There is no place to keep personal belongings during the ceremony. Please leave purses and other personal items with a friend or family member during the ceremony, or leave the items at home.
Arrival times (no later than listed time)
- 12:30 p.m.: Chancellor, Cabinet, Deans and designated staff report for setup and brief run-through of logistics.
- 4:45 p.m.: Faculty volunteers arrive, dress and meet to review logistics in Expo IV; then go upstairs.
5:15 p.m.: Faculty volunteers help assemble and organize students around the perimeter of the Arena.
- Join the faculty line-up immediately preceding ceremony start (entrance to Arena).
6:15 p.m.: All other faculty (There will be a posted/draped changing room at the far end of Memorial Coliseum's Expo IV for faculty. Follow the signage to Expo IV once inside the Coliseum.)
- Go through glass doors behind escalators, then through steel doors.
- Go down the ramp and through the reception area in Expo IV to the faculty dressing area in the back.
- Put on cap/gown in the changing area.
- Go straight up the stairs to the faculty line-up (NOTE: You can go UP these stairs but NOT DOWN, since the doors have handles on only one side).
- There are restrooms both upstairs and downstairs.
Honor Guard Lines
- Faculty will process into the Arena and form honor guard lines.
- Faculty process in forming two (2) columns stopping before the last row of chairs, then face each other to honor graduates.
- Graduates will then process through these lines to their seats in the Arena, after which the faculty will proceed to their seats.
- If you wish , clap for your students as they enter but please do not get out of line to personally greet students during the processional.
- Please remain seated during the ceremony. Spacing will not allow for congratulatory gestures (e.g. hugging, hand-shaking) after students' names announced. Save these for the post-commencement reception.
- See procession/recession details for schematics of the ceremony.
If you have additional questions or concerns, contact your program chair or dean for clarification on details.