When is graduation?
- Friday, May 9, 2014, at 7 p.m.
- Arrive by 6:15 p.m. (doors open to graduates at 5:30 p.m.)
Where is graduation?
- Allen County Memorial Coliseum's Arena
4000 Parnell Ave.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805
What time should I arrive for graduation?
- Be on time. There will be no rehearsal. Graduates and faculty should be at the Coliseum by 6:15 p.m. (doors open to graduates at 5:30 p.m.). It is suggested that you eat something in advance of arriving for the ceremony.
Can I still walk/participate if I did not sign up or fill out an Application for Diploma?
- Yes, but you must be in appropriate graduation attire (cap/gown).
How many guests may I bring?
- There is no limit to the number of guests you may have attend.
What should I wear to graduation?
- All graduates and participating faculty/guests must be in appropriate graduation attire (cap/gown).
- This is a special occasion for you. Please wear at least business casual attire.
- It is suggested that high-heeled shoes not be worn - for both comfort and safety reasons.
How do I get my cap and gown?
- All participants are required to wear a black graduation cap and gown. You may purchase a cap and gown prior to the day of the ceremony at the New Edition Bookstore.
What about parking?
- The cost of parking at the Coliseum is $5.
Where will I store my personal belongings during the ceremony?
- There is no place to keep your personal belongings during the ceremony. Please leave purses and other personal items with a friend or family member during the ceremony or leave the items at home.
What about special needs/assistance?
- Graduates needing special accommodations during the ceremony should contact Todd Nichols, Director of Disability Services, prior to the day of the ceremony at 260-481-2210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guests and family needing special assistance into the arena should see a Memorial Coliseum red-coat usher upon arrival.
Where will I put on my cap and gown?
- By the time you are ready to line up with your group, you should be dressed in your cap and gown. There is no separate dressing room for graduates.
How do I wear the mortarboard and tassel?
- Mortarboard: Worn parallel with the ground
- Tassel: Hanging from the front-right
How will I know where to line up?
- There will be someone to direct you to the appropriate place for line-up. Graduates will line up by school/program. Do not move from your spot when in line.
- Each graduate will be given a card with his or her name on it to be read during the ceremony. If your name needs to be changed, please be sure to write legibly.
How will the processional work?
- You will be led into the Arena for the processional. See the procession/recession details for schematics.
Where will I sit?
- There will be seating in the Arena for graduates, and you will sit in the same order in which you line up -- by school/program. You will be directed to the front when it is time for you to have your name announced. See the procession/recession details for schematics.
How will I get my diploma?
- Fall diplomas were mailed to the students’ home address in February.
- Spring graduates can expect their diplomas to arrive in the mail late-June.
- Summer graduates can expect their diplomas late-September.
What happens after the ceremony?
- Refreshments at a post-Commencement celebration will be served immediately following the ceremony. Professional photographers will be available for commemorative graduation photos. Graduates and their friends and family are invited to attend this celebration.