Congratulations on achieving your academic goals. We're proud of you! Now it is time to gear up for participating in Commencement and for celebrating your success.
Preparing for the Evening
- There is no rehearsal for commencement ceremonies.
- There is no limit to the number of guests you may invite to attend.
- Do not wear shoes that make it difficult to walk, as you will be walking a lot including up and down a ramp.
- Please arrive at the Coliseum by 6:15 p.m. (doors open to graduates at 5:30 p.m.).
- Parking is $5. There is no admission fee for the ceremony.
- There is no place to keep personal belongings during the ceremony. Please leave purses and other personal items with a friend or family member during the ceremony, or leave the items at home.
- When you arrive, someone will direct you to the appropriate place to line up. Graduates will line up by school/program.
- By the time you are ready to line up with your group, you should be dressed in your cap and gown. There is no separate dressing room for graduates.
- You will be led into the arena for the processional.
- You will sit in the same order in which you line up -- by school/program.
- You will be directed to the front when it is time for you to receive your diploma.